Monday 24 June 2013

Midsummer!

I only discovered Midsummer about 3 years ago!  Midsummer is more important than Christmas to the Scandinavian Countries who celebrate it!  Each June Swedes and Finn's join together to celebrate the longest day of the summer by dancing around a may-pole, wearing flower crowns in their hair and having a big party!

I went to a party organised by the Swedish Chamber of Commerce on Saturday at Cavendish No5.  I've popped a picture of the beautiful Maypole below for you to see.  I wore a stunning pair of Venus heels with a brown dress.  It was the most fun I've had for ages, the DJ was fantastic and the ladies made a real effort with their flower crowns.  Everyone was in a great mood, glow-stick head-rings were handed out, Swedish coloured balloons handed round and we drank traditional Swedish cider.







No comments:

Post a Comment