Friday 10 June 2011

Nina Garcia speaks the truth!!! It's all about the shoes...



Ladies, I am a tiny bit scared this weekend!  I'm going to do something I've been thinking about for ages, it's been playing on my mind.  I need to detox my clothing and de-clutter. 
I 've four wardrobes full of clothes.  It's time to downsize the wardrobe, be ruthless and try and cut my clothes in half.  I'm thinking less is more.  I love clothes and owning so many but what’s the point if I can’t move the coat hangers to search.  A true sentimentalist, I hang on to clothes for years; I'll keep a top I wore on that amazing night out with my girl-friends for the memories even if it's three sizes too small...

Before I go through the emotional turmoil of throwing out clothes I don't need, I decided to seek advice from Nina Garcia's Style Strategy book.  Nina, a fashion Director at Marie Claire US, is a big advocate of being wardrobe savvy and recessionista chic with clothes.  A further tip Nina advocates is if you’re going to splurge on anything make it shoes.  Nina says, buying shoes is the golden rule most fashionistas know.  Nina dedicates a whole chapter on shoes, saying they can make a $20 outfit look like couture!   Aruna Seth loves shoes as much as Nina Garcia, everything you say is SO true!
XxX


No comments:

Post a Comment